A lot of “manosphere” blogs are folding. Why? Roosh lists 3 reasons:
1. Having a manosphere blog could get you fired from work.
2. It’s hard to maintain a blog for over a year. It takes a freakish mind to write hundreds of posts on one or two topics.
3. Blogging remains a hobby for most, not a job.
Those are true. There are a couple of additional reasons.
4. Most men are not cut out for the game. Let’s face it, the game is brutal. Unless you work in a career like sales, finance, or law, rarely are you forced to prove yourself every day.
With a typical day job, if you do a good job, your boss will let you rest on your laurels. You can cruise today and then hustle tomorrow or next week.
If you work in sales, your boss wants to know, “What have you done for me lately?” Ten good years as a salesman could be wiped away by a bad quarter. It’s not uncommon to get “blown out.”
Similarly, the game never lets you rest. You’ve fucked 100 women? Great. That girl you’re talking to now doesn’t know that. She’s just another prospect…just another read. Are you going to close?
Because of the game’s brutality, most men are happy to settle for a set of steak knives.
5. Guys fall in love. Most guys settle and some guys fall in love. I’ll never hate on a guy who falls in love. It’s a beautiful thing. A man in love would rather write love poems or snuggle with his girlfriend than write a blog. Who can blame him?
6. Men run out of content. If a guy quit the game because he’s a pussy, what is there to write about – trips to Ikea?
If a guy fell in love, how is he going to keep up a game blog? It’s pretty obvious that Roissy (the original R and not the current proprietors) feel deeply in love with a woman. That’s why his blog shifted to race-baiting and paleocon topics. Then he handed the blog over to some young guys.
7. Heterosexual men are weak. Most men have no follow through and are generally worthless. The guys at the gyms with the best bodies are often homosexuals. The definitive guide to manhood, The Way of Men (here; review forthcoming), was written by a gay. I’d rather hang out with Jack Donovan than most men who label themselves “alpha males who have taken the red pill.”
Read my Twitter. Guys get butt-hurt all the time. Petulant is what describes the modern American men. And these childish, emotional reactions are coming from people who are reading my stuff – and thus should be more masculine and less pussified than average.
8. Men shift towards other pursuits. If you’ve run enough hard game that you can actually keep up a blog, your game has probably gotten pretty good.
Once you game goes from, “I stumble onto sex, i.e., get lucky,” towards, “My game is a purposeful approach to meeting women that has a high success rate,” you sorta get over it.
I can go out on any given weekend and get laid by a woman who, a few years ago, I’d have felt pretty happy to bang.
Once you know you can get laid, you lose the hunger.
9. Men get dopamine burnout. Remember when you first meet a hot girl? You start getting a boner just standing next to her. Your pulse quickens and your breaths get shallow.
Dopamine is about anticipation. Once you know you can get laid, there isn’t any anticipation. You get very blah, blah, blah about the game.
Dopamine Jackpot! Sapolsky on the Science of Pleasure
10. Going to make a juice. Peace.
Follow me on Twitter for fun and excitement – @playdangerously.Save up to $10 on your first order at iHerb (free shipping for most orders, too!) with coupon code: EKO606. Shop at iHerb.